Thursday, February 26, 2009

My 2009 Walk Motto...

I have a personal motto for the walk this year...and given the fact that the walk isn't until the end of November I think it's safe to say that it's my personal motto for 2009. Before I reveal my motto let me be honest and say that I didn't come up with it myself.

Last month I was mesmorized by the 60 Minutes piece on "Sully", the pilot that successfully landed the plane in the Hudson. Towards the end of the interview Sully's wife was reading letters out loud that strangers had sent in thanking Sully for his heroic efforts. One of the letters really stuck with me - the writer said "In saving the lives of the passengers on that plane and your crew you may have saved the world. For none of us know what greatness can come from a single individual or from that individuals future generations - so in saving one you may have just saved the world."

So THAT is my personal motto for the 2009 3 Day Walk...if my efforts of fundraising and raising awarness in my community can save just one person's life then I may have just "saved the world"...and WOW does that feel good...no not good...GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment