Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How long is my walk?

Carrie turned me on to the Google Pedometer during training last year and it's a tool I've incorporated into my life: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ I love using this site as I tend to walk a different pace each day so just using time out on the road isn't really an accurate representation of the miles I train. I recognize that this can't be exact but it sure seems darn close (side note, I don't use the calorie counter because I think it's based on running not walking).

A lot of times I use this site to map out a walk as having the birds eye view of a map helps me to figure out how to avoid deadend streets (I train almost exclusively at the beach and there's quite a few streets that I think will be through routes and end up being dead ends).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment